Western Route Overview
The Western route connecting Leichhardt to the City South/Centre, is a favourite with Sydney’s foodies connecting Leichhardt with Haymarket, Darling Harbour and Town Hall along a 6 km mostly separated cycleway with some shared paths and mixed traffic.
- Distance: Approximately 6 kilometres.
- Key Attractions: Restaurants and cafes in Norton Street, Jubilee Park, The Fish Markets, Union Square, Darling Harbour and Chinatown.
- Connects Precincts: Glebe Point Road, Harris Street, Haymarket and arbour/CBD north.
Currently under construction or investigation
- Kent Street South - Druitt Street to Liverpool Streets: a separated cycleway will be constructed by late 2013.
- Liverpool Street – Kent Street to Darling Harbour: is under investigation for upgrade to a separated cycleway.
- Orphan School Creek: shared path is now open.
No upgrade required or planned
- Pyrmont Bridge Road (Cross to Junction Streets): shared path is open.
- Bulwara Road.
- Darling Harbour: shared path is open.