City to Green Square Route Overview
When complete, the City to Green Square route will connect Redfern and Waterloo as well as Sydney’s fastest growing residential area, Green Square, with the City Centre. This route also links the employment areas of Alexandria and the airport with Central and Redfern station.
- Distance: Approximately 6 kilometres.
- Key Attractions: Sydney’s CBD, Hyde Park, Central Station, Prince Alfred Park and Green Square.
- Connects Precincts: Harbour / CBD North, Haymarket, Redfern, Waterloo, Green Square.
Currently under construction or investigation
- King Street East – Clarence Street to Greens Square: Options are being investigated with the NSW Government.
- George Street & Portman Street Redfern: Has no dedicated bike riding facilities, a separated cycleway is in design.
- Elizabeth and Chalmers Streets: Has no dedicated bike riding facility, a shared path will be installed in August 2012.
- Wentworth Avenue: Has no dedicated bike riding facility, a separated cycleway will be constructed by late 2013.