Bourke Route Overview
This north-south corridor, once complete, will connect Sydney Harbour to Botany Bay, via Surry Hills, Green Square and Alexandria.
- Distance: Approximately 7 kilometres.
- Key Attractions: A wide range of bars and cafes in Potts Point, Woolloomooloo, Taylor Square, Surry Hills and East Redfern.
- Connects Precincts: Harbour/CBD north, Kings Cross, Taylor Square, Surry Hills and Green Square.
Currently under construction or investigation
- Bourke Street – Phillip Street to Green Square: Connecting options between the Bourke Street cycleway and Green Square are being investigated.
- Bourke Street to CBD: Improvements to better connect the Bourke Street cycleway, north of Oxford Street, to the CBD. Includes improvements to Burton and Riley Street, Darlinghurst and Cathedral Street, Woolloomooloo.