Union Street seperated cycleway
The Union Street separated cycleway, stretches from Union Square to Pyrmont Bridge, and is now open. This cycleway section is part of an important link for the completed Bridge to Bridge route (connects the ANZAC Bridge to the Sydney Harbour Bridge) and the ANZAC route (connecting ANZAC Bridge to ANZAC Parade). Already more than 1,000 bike commuters use the Union Street route in the morning and evening peak travel times.
- Bike riders should take particular care when crossing the shared path environment on Pyrmont Bridge;
- Bike riders on Pyrmont Bridge must give way to pedestrians and should travel within the 10 km/h speed limit;
- At intersections, bike riders on the cycleway should cross within the designated bike crossing on the green bike signal;
- Riders should watch out for cars, particularly when cars are turning left;
- Riders must always give way to pedestrians and are not allowed to ride bikes on pedestrian crossings;
- The cycleway should not be blocked or used for storage (garbage bins, skip bins, construction materials, removalists etc). Garbage bins are to be left on the footpath near the gutter. Bins will be collected from the footpath and returned to the footpath;
- People should not walk on the bicycle path unless they are crossing by the shortest route, or they are in a wheelchair or helping someone using a wheelchair; and
- Remember to look left and right before crossing a cycleway.