The Kent Street cycleway (Gas Lane to Druitt Street) opened late 2010. The two-way separated cycleway directly links to the Harbour Bridge and intersects with the King Street separated cycleway. This cycleway section is part of an important link for the Bridge to Bridge route (connecting the Anzac Bridge to the Sydney Harbour Bridge) and proposed North Shore route (connecting North Sydney to Edgecliff).
- At intersections, bike riders on the cycleway should cross within the designated bike crossing on the green bike signal;
- Riders should watch out for cars, particularly when cars are turning left;
- Riders must always give way to pedestrians and are not allowed to ride bikes on pedestrian crossings;
- The cycleway should not be blocked or used for storage (garbage bins, skip bins, construction materials, removalists etc). Garbage bins are to be left on the footpath near the gutter. Bins will be collected from the footpath and returned to the footpath;
- People should not walk on the bicycle path unless they are crossing by the shortest route, or they are in a wheelchair or helping someone using a wheelchair; and
- Remember to look left and right before crossing a cycleway.