College Street separated cycleway
The College Street two-way separated cycleway, with sections of shared paths at intersections, has been built along the eastern edge of Hyde Park. The cycleway south of Park & William Streets opened on 13 October 2010 as part of National Ride to Work Day and the cycleway north of Park & William Streets opened on 23 December 2010. This cycleway is part of an important link for the North Shore, ANZAC and City to Green Square routes.
- At intersections, bike riders on the cycleway should cross within the designated bike crossing on the green bike signal;
- Riders should watch out for cars, particularly when cars are turning left;
- Riders must always give way to pedestrians and are not allowed to ride bikes on pedestrian crossings;
- The cycleway should not be blocked or used for storage (garbage bins, skip bins, construction materials, removalists etc). Garbage bins are to be left on the footpath near the gutter. Bins will be collected from the footpath and returned to the footpath;
- People should not walk on the bicycle path unless they are crossing by the shortest route, or they are in a wheelchair or helping someone using a wheelchair; and
- Remember to look left and right before crossing a cycleway.