Eastern Suburbs Connections
A series of new shared path connections in the Eastern Suburbs are being rolled out. These paths will enable critical links within the City of Sydney’s Regional Bike Network.
The new shared paths for this project include:
- Oxford Street – between Oatley Road and Greens Road.
- Greens Road – will connect the Oxford Street shared path to existing and new shared paths on Moore Park Road and the overall Moore Park precinct.
- Moore Park Road – will extend the existing shared path and connect with the existing shared path on Fitzroy Street.
- Flinders Street – will connect with the existing Fitzroy Street shared path and proposed Moore Park Road shared path as well as providing an alternative route to Bourke Street to reach Oxford Street.
- Albion Street & Short Street – will provide connections between Flinders Street and the Bourke Street cycleway.
- St Mary’s Road – will provide a link between the existing Cathedral Street shared path, Yurong Parkway shared path and the College St cycleway.
- William Street – will complete the William Street route, connecting existing shared paths with the Bourke Street cycleway.
- Fitzroy Street – will provide a link between Moore Park Road and the Bourke Street cycleway. This street is an existed shared path but will include traffic calming features installed at intersections.
- Macquarie Street – will connect the Cahill Expressway at the northern end with Shakespeare Place.
- Charles, Parkham and Arthur Streets – will provide a link to cross over the Eastern Distributor from Moore Park.
Submissions are now closed.
- Design plans – FLINDERS, SHORT, ALBION AND OXFORD STREETS, GREENS AND MOORE PARK ROADS | PDF 3.1Mb
- Design plans – ARTHUR STREET | PDF 1Mb
- Design plans – CHARLES STREET | PDF 1.4Mb
- Design plans – FITZROY STREET | PDF 2Mb
- Design plans – MACQUARIE STREET | PDF 3Mb
- Design plans – PARKHAM STREET | PDF 1Mb
- Design plans – ST MARYS ROAD | PDF 1.4Mb
- Design plans – WILLIAM STREET | PDF 1.4Mb
For more information on City’s cycleway projects please contact