The City of Sydney is committed to providing a safe and connected bike riding network for people of all ages and riding abilities. Work is currently underway on important components of regional routes, including:
- Sydney City Centre Access Strategy – NSW Government’s plan to improve all modes of transport in the city which includes a cycleway network.
- Bourke Street - Phillip Street to Green Square shared path.
- Kent Street – Druitt Street to Liverpool Street and improvements at the northern end.
- George Street and Portman Street, Redfern - Construction underway.
- Campbell Street cycle connection - A range of works are proposed along Campbell and Hunt Streets (east of Wentworth Avenue and up to Bourke Street), and at their intersections with Commonwealth and Brisbane Streets.
- Eastern Suburbs connections - Upgrading existing shared paths and building new ones.
- Broadway Link - A streetscape upgrade to provide a safe and connected green corridor linking Darlington to Ultimo via Chippendale.