The City of Sydney is committed to providing a safe and connected bike riding network for people of all ages and riding abilities. Work is currently underway on important components of regional routes, including:
- King Street East - Clarence Street to Queens Square: Options are being investigated with the NSW Government.
- Bourke Street – Phillip Street to Green Square: Connecting options between the Bourke Street cycleway and Green Square are being investigated.
- Wilson Street: Intersection improvements are being investigated with NSW Government.
- Kent Street South – Druitt Street to Liverpool Street.
- Liverpool Street – Kent Street to Darling Harbour: Under investigation for a separated cycleway.
- Broadway Link: Options are being investigated for a north-south link between Wilson Street and Ultimo.
- Botany Street, Allen Street, Short Street and Mandible Street extension.
- George Street and Portman Street, Redfern: construction to commence April 2013.
- Wentworth Avenue: Proposed separated cycleway under investigation.
- Campbell Street cycle connection - The City of Sydney is proposing a range of works along Campbell and Hunt Streets (east of Wentworth Avenue and up to Bourke Street), and at their intersections with Commonwealth and Brisbane Streets.
- Eastern Suburbs connections – The existing network of shared paths are undergoing upgrades and a series of new shared path connections have been identified.
- Broadway Link - a streetscape upgrade to provide pedestrians and bike riders with a safe and connected green corridor linking Darlington to Ultimo via Chippendale.