Bike Care and Maintenance Course
The free Bike Care and Maintenance course is a great starting point for anyone interested in bike repairs and maintenance.
The course gives you the skills and knowledge to have a well maintained bike that runs reliably. Most regular riders are surprised how much they learn and how much easier it makes riding and bike care.
All participants under 18 must attend with a legal guardian who is also enrolled.
We also run free Cycling in the City courses.
Important: If you are booked on a course and can no longer attend, or if you wish to change dates, please follow the instructions in your confirmation email.
Course duration: approximately 3 hours.
Wednesday evening courses start at 6pm.
Weekend courses start at 10am.
You must bring your bike and a clean rag.
- Tooling up: What do you need?
- Cleaning and Lubrication the easy way.
- Wheels off / Wheels on & Tyres off / Tyres on.
- Introduction to cable systems.
- Brakes and gear adjustments (where time allows).
The Bike Care and Maintenance course is held in two locations:
1. The Sydney Park Cycling Centre, Sydney Park Road, close to the intersection with Mitchell Road and;
2. Joynton Park Kiosk in Green Square. The Kiosk is within the park area bordered by Gadigal Avenue & Victoria Park Parade. (NB: The Green Sq course is moved to Sydney Park Cycling Centre in wet weather.)